Symptoms Treatments for Rosacea
Do you have questions about the symptoms treatments for rosacea? If you are like many who suffer from this painful disorder, you are likely to be engaged in a never-ending search for the best treatment for rosacea. Those of us who have to endure this disorder know that finding the right treatment for rosacea isn't easy. Since there is no cure, the best one can hope for is to find a treatment that can alleviate and lesson the symptoms.
Rosacea is a long lasting, often chronic disorder that affects the body's largest organ: the skin. The disease often progresses gradually and is characterized by a red flushed appearance. Initially, this disorder may be mistaken for acne. However, the affects are usually more damaging. Identifying the correct symptoms treatments for rosacea is a vital component in managing this disorder.
There are four different types of rosacea:
- Prerosacea is characterized by regular occurring outbreaks of blushing and flushing of the face and neck. This is the earliest stage of rosacea.
- Vascular rosacea is more common in women and occurs when blood vessels under the facial skin swell resulting in skin that is swollen and warm.
- Inflamatory rosacea (aka: acne rosacea) is identified by pimples and enlarged blood vessels that form on the face. These "papules" are often confused with acne. However, it is important to know that acne and rosacea are two completely different conditions. Acne rosacea does not cause whiteheads, blackheads or the typical pimples that are common with acne.
- Rhinophyma is an advanced stage of rosacea. This condition causes an enlarged nose due to swelling of the oil glands in the nose and cheeks.
The cause of rosacea is unknown. What is known is that this disease usually affects adults and is more common in women than men. Rosacea often affects people with fair skin and who are of northern and western European descent.
Symptoms of rosacea include:
- Redness of the face, ears, back or chest.
- An enlarged nose.
- Broken blood vessels.
- Eye problems are called ocular rosacea. Symptoms include. eye dryness, irritation, and bloodshot eyes.
- Pain and stinging on face.
The emotional effects of rosacea are often more painful than the physical symptoms. People with this disease report feeling embarrassed and self-conscious about their appearance. Worse yet, these feelings often lead to psychological problems such as depression. This is why it is so important for people to determine the best treatment for rosacea.
Without a cure, the millions who are afflicted with this disorder can only search for the best treatment for rosacea. When a flare up does occur, the only option is to find effective symptoms treatments for rosacea.
Finding the right symptoms treatments for rosacea is important, however, taking preventative measures should be the first step for patients. Consider the following recommendations for prevention:
- Rosacea sufferers should take care of their skin by washing with a mild, non-abrasive soap. Avoid hot temperatures and wash and rinse with lukewarm water only.
- Stay away from any soaps, cosmetics, or chemicals that contain alcohol.
- Avoid spicy foods and limit alcohol consumption. Both are known triggers of rosacea.
- Keep a diary of foods that you consume. This may help you to identify which foods cause your skin to break out. Eliminate foods that seem to trigger an outbreak.
- Wear sunscreen whenever possible. Exposure to the sun often will trigger an outbreak.
- Try to avoid hot temperatures. On hot days, try to keep cool by staying in air-conditioned environments. Drink cold drinks and spray your face with water to keep as cool as possible.
By determining the lifestyle and environmental factors that cause flare ups, one can avoid rosacea and possibly achieve long periods of remission. The two keys to prevention are proper skin care and lifestyle change.
What is the best treatment for rosacea? It depends on the individual patient. People respond differently to the various treatments for rosacea. Some people experience positive results from oral antibiotics. Others find that topical solutions are the best treatment for rosacea. Laser therapy has also been employed by many who suffer from this loathsome disorder. Too often though, victims find that these treatments are not effective. Also, many of the symptoms treatments for rosacea have unpleasant side effects, which are difficult to cope with.
As we said, many traditional rosacea medications can have severe side effects. Additionally, most of them are not safe to use on a long-term basis. For these reasons, many people prefer to use natural treatments. Natural treatments are safe to use, and for many people, they actually work better than other types of treatments.
Zenmed Skin Support System is an all-natural treatment we have had a lot of success with. It contains only pure botanical ingredients, and can help mild, inflammatory and severe rosacea. It is also important to know that they have a treatment for both oily and for dry skin.
Follow this link to Zenmed, and see if this treatment is right for you.
If you are experiencing symptoms similar to those described in this article and are not sure if you have rosacea, see your doctor. If your symptoms are worsening, you should also consult with your doctor.
If you have any questions about the symptoms treatments for rosacea, the causes of rosacea or possible triggers of rosacea, please contact us.
In addition to the topics covered on this page, we have additional treatment pages on rosacea lotion, and the best treatment for rosacea. Weather you use oral or a topical cream rosacea, there is always a new rosacea treatment that you should keep informed about. For information about rosacea cures and the best rosacea treatment, be sure to check back often for updates. Some of the newer topics we have recently added include foods to eat for rosacea, and more details on finding rosacea symptom treatment. We also have pages on alternative rosacea best treatment, and other methods of rosacea relief.
One of the newer treatments we cover is alpha lipoic acid rosacea . To read about cream for acne rosacea or other rosacea topical treatment, be sure to follow the links to those pages. Finally, if your looking for natural or alternative rosacea treatment, or how to cover up your skin with rosacea makeup, be sure to take a look at those sections.
More than symptoms treatments for rosacea on our Self Care Home Page
Copyright and Privacy Notice